EASY, SMALL, & CLASSY HALF WINDSOR KNOT
The half windsor is a step up from the four-in-hand knot. It is larger than the four-in-hand knot and is symmetrical.
This knot is perfect for skinny (side-to-side) but not thin ties and thick but not wide ties. Make sense?
ee more tips on YouTube about how to tie a tie with the Half Windsor knot. Keep looking classy!
This is the slow version for beginners, the quick version is coming soon.
Find the perfect tie for the half windsor knot!
Steps to Tie the Half Windsor Knot
- Put the necktie over your head with the wide end on the right side (side doesn't matter, but I'll use right in these instructions.
- Grab the wide end with your right hand and align the tip with the tip of your middle finger.
- Drop your arm straight down, and then make sure the wide end is as long as your arm.
- If your tie is thicker (like some of our King Brothers Clothier's Ties) or if you neck is thicker, you'll need to give it a little extra length.
- Make and X
- Cross the wide, long end in your right hand over the skinny, short end.
- Around the back
- Now cross the wide end around the back of the skinny end.
- In front, down, and through
- Take the wide end up and in front of the hole between your neck and the necktie.
- Then put the wide end down through the hole between your necktie and your neck.
- Keep the wide end on the right side of the knot that is forming.
- Tighten the triangle that is forming the inner part of the knot.
- Around the front
- Cross the wide end in front of the triangle to form a cover.
- Leave the cover a little loose for step 7, I use my middle finger to pull open some space.between the triangle and the front cover.
- Behind, up, and through
- Take the wide end behind the knot, then up and through the hole between your neck and the necktie.
- Down through the front cover
- Remember the space we left between the triangle and the front cover?
- Now put the wide end down through that space.
- This is probably the most important step to getting a good looking knot!
- I have a trick that I use that is hard to explain, but check it out in the video at 03:31.
- Basically, just make sure to pull the wide end down while you're pulling up on the part of the wide end that went up through the hole between your neck and the necktie.
That's all there is too it. I hope you got this knot your first try!